Will a typo on car registration void it?

I’m taking my drivers test in two days and I’m using my grandparents car. The name on the registration has to match the name on the insurance, but there’s a typo on the registration. It’s not a huge one, there’s just 2 k’s when there should be 1 and only 1 o when there should be 2. Everything else, the address and the rest of the name match. Will this be a problem?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's a silly thing that has no safety implication, but it should be right. 

Make sure the brake lights and all turn signals work.  They often check the car for various things.  I borrowed my grandfather's car for my road test and a brake light was burned out!  We had to go fix it before they would test me. 

Good luck!

• 3 weeks ago

You'll be fine.  I doubt anyone will even notice the typo.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Let's see if we can figure this out.  The LAW states that the registration and the name on the insurance HAVE TO match.  You are using your Grandparents' car, and the names do NOT match.  The LAW does not say, "The names must match unless you are leeceve using your Grandparents' car" so I'm guessing it will be a problem.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Does the name match the registration? If not, Houston we have a problem.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

95% chance its fine. Car title cannot have any cross outs or white outs or anything like that.

• May
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I doubt it will be a problem but You will have to wait to see.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Nope. They mess up mine all the time.  I made it clear to them if they spell it incorrectly then I do not have to pay the bill.   They smartened up fast.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it will.  As I recall, the registration has to match the name on the insurance, and it does not.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes , that most likely will be a red flag.

Why haven't your grandparents corrected it ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.