realtor wont show me property unless I have a realtor (okanagan)?

I am looking at potential houses but all realtors want to me have a buyer realtor and refuse to show me the property until I do??? Then they keep introducing me to buyer realtors... When did this become the case? Thanks

Why does it matter?  You know what the rules are now so hire an agent and look at the houses you are interested in.

• car253

Your lucky this realtor is honest and telling you the truth.   There is a conflict of interest when the seller's agent represents both buyer and seller. 

You are better off finding a realtor you are comfortable with to help you look for a home.   They get paid the same anyways.   The 2 realtors split the commission or work off an agreement with you or you have the buyer pay for your agent's commission.     when buying a home.   You need your own realtor.   

The real estate laws in their state may prevent them from being a dual agent (representing both seller and buyer).  That's why they recommend a buyers Realtor.

People without an agent are often not serious.  If you plan on not having one at all and handling all the paperwork yourself, convince them you know what you're doing and it won't be a problem. 

that is their prerogative.......no law against it.