I want to be a lineman/line worker but i have no idea where to start ?

I know i need to get my diploma but where do i start or apply for a job like this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why don't you call your local electric company (or, for that matter, you can go online and call any electric company) and ask them what they look for when hiring a line worker.  If you are lucky, you will get someone in Human Relations who is willing to talk to you at length about what background they prefer.  Be sure to ask about the minimum education that is required but, too, what makes one candidate stand out more than another.  It may be that like to have folks who not just have the technical skills but who know how to interact with the public.  If so, take some classes that are applicable to what you are told.  

It may also be that they like it when someone has worked in a related field but one that is easier to get a job in.  Perhaps you can get that kind of job and work part-time at it while you are in school.  

By contacting one or more companies now that are of the type you wish to work for and getting the appropriate details, you can focus on these exact things for the next few years.

Good luck to you.

• 5 months ago

Look into community colleges in your area with the program. 

Los Angeles Trade tech has a program

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Look on your local electric power companies website for employment opportunities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.