How long do you keep unused jarred salsa and pasta sauce once opened?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In the fridge, maybe for a week to use for another meal. 

• 4 weeks ago

about a week for salsa and about 2 weeks for pasta sauce.Is all good.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on the Salsa!  If it contains no preservatives about 3 days tops, if it has preservatives up to a couple of weeks - not that it gets the chance!

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Less than a week-usually about 3 days. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Forever...at least until it starts to mold.  I use salsa roja over shrimp instead of cocktail sauce because the salsa is way cheaper and tastes similar to the cocktail sauce.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Salsa and corn chips makes a easy lunch, but don't do it too often.  Hence, the jar is recapped an into the 'fridge.  Is good for over two months.  Have been doing this for over 20 years.  The germaphobes are afraid of anything over a week old.

• 🦋
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Un used salsa for a year and pasta sauce akready opened for a week

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I keep salsa until fuzz start growing on it-  and it is closer to a month or two before that happen (lots of acid in salsa), spaghetti sauce I freeze at about 3-4 days.

• 4 weeks ago

No longer than 5 to 7 days maximum.  If you are not going to use it as salsa freeze it and add it to chili or next time you want a flavored rice.  If it does not have a flavor of cilantro you could even use it in a pasta sauce. 

• 4 weeks ago

Not long. Won't let it go past a week.

The expiration dates on them are if they're unopened. Then they're good til those dates.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.