Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 4 weeks ago

Are Belgian people usually evil?

Belgians have done lots of horrible atrocities in the past. 

Also in a website, I have found a middle-aged Belgian guy who says and posts violent,sadistic and dirty stuffs. 

or is it that only certain Belgian ethnicities are evil?

Is it due to genetics or environment?

My best friend growing up was Belgian, and I've visited Belgium a few times. Everyone I've met has been extremely nice. There's no denying that, historically, Belgian's colonial imperialism really damaged whole nations of people, and the stain of racism is still visible in their society, but no more that it is in the USA, Great Britain, or any other colonial power. They can be blunt, like their Dutch neighbors to the North, but they are generally good people, excellent hosts, and great at making beer :)

• D1218

You mean all of them. The answer to that is no. Maybe they're harmless. Not every single one is. Some of them are of course but not the majority.

• Isabel

They’re not usually evil.  Their government has done terrible things in its past, and individual behavior varies.

All nations have committed lots of horrible atrocities in the past--the Viking raids, the Spanish Inquisition, the German Holocaust, the Salem witch trials, etc.  That doesn't mean that all people from those countries are evil.  

So, you found one evil person online--that counts for nothing!  My question is, why are you still following this idiot's posts, and why haven't you reported him?  Instead you use his rantings to justify your own prejudices!

• L

America and Britain have committed plenty of heinous atrocities.

Plenty of gruff, lecherous middle-aged d*cks here too.