How to accept myself as a gay man?

What are some ways I can accept myself more as a gay man. I am still having trouble coming to terms with who I am. I am out to my mother and she accepts me for who I am but deep down I still feel like I let her down.

• Sam

Just be yourself.   Let people accept you for being you.  Those who don't accept you, screw them, they are not worth fretting over. 

Let people get to know you first then spring it on them, only if they ask. 

I get how you’re feeling, I was like that too. You just have to get used to the fact that you’re gay. Something I did to help myself get use to and accept my sexuality was talk about it. Just talk about it, learn more about your sexuality. You can talk about with people you trust or just saying it. It helped me, and i hope it helps you accept yourself. 😊❤️

take a straw and suck-out half your brain ...............

See a Sex Therapist!

• Paul

The one Church Jesus Christ founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, has many homosexual members in good standing. They live their lives as God calls them to live, just like the heterosexual members. Sexual orientation is not a moral issue, since it is not freely chosen. Sexual behavior is a moral issue, regardless of one's orientation.

• Prince

You live in the wrong neighbourhood. You need to move to a more accepting area, not just tolerant but embracing and celebratory.

• Tj

You are letting anyone down. You did nothing to be gay. There is not reason not to accept that you were born gay. If you still have problems, see a professional to help you.

well nobody really cares what you are or what you do. so really you should be asking why you are so self absorbed?

• why dont you like women? thats so sexist and bigotd of you. learn tolerance thanks. 

Education and time. I’d read up on the history of the gay rights movement and maybe about some past lgbt figures that have made positive contributions to society. I’d read coming out stories. Network with the caring aspects of the lgbt community. The gay community centers, maybe volunteer for a lgbt charity or a rec league such as for hiking or a book club. Don’t just use free apps and bars. If you are drawn to it, try a pro lgbt church (notalllikethat.org) a gay meditation circle or something like that. Meet lgbt and lgbt allies and talk with them, share experiences and ask questions. 

Its going to be ok. You were made this way because that is how the good Lord wanted you to be. Have pride in your self. Have your own opinion. Don’t live your life trying to impress bigots who don’t pay your bills.