Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Do you like the name ‘Alixandra’ for a girl?

Nickname would be ‘Alix’ or ‘Andri’.

I think Alexandra is nice.

I PREFER ALEXANDRA.

• J

The name Alexandra is nice. But I don’t like the misspelling. Spelling a common name wrong doesn’t make it cute, special, or unique. It will only cause her to correct people and fix paperwork mistakes for the rest of her life. 

The Greek words Alexios (to defend), and Ander (meaning man) - put together means "defender/protector 'of' man". Also see Andro

No, not spelled that way.

yes but not spelled that way

Spell it correctly.

• Snid

Misspelling Alexandra as Alixandra is silly.

I've never seen the spelling, but I suppose it could be a good name. Why not Alexandra? Or do you want it to be unique? Either way is fine, as the spelling of my name is the less common version :)

I like Alexandra.

Spelling it as you have it would do nothing for a very nice name other than cause her to have to spell it for everyone for the next 85 or so years.