How do you find out the contents of a parent's will?

I would like to know the contents of a parents will. The way money is being spent it would be nice to find out if anything is left and who gets what.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

How?  Lol.... You wait until after they both die and see if you're invited to the reading of the will.  They could leave all of their money or possessions to their church, favorite charity, or the family pet if they want to.  (As their child you're usually guaranteed to inherit ONE DOLLAR, a legal means if they want to exclude you from anything else).

It's really none of your business how they spend or waste "their" money. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Noneya.....unless they choose to tell you.

• 4 weeks ago

You have to ask them--but they don't have to tell you. It's their will, their money and their decision. You have to live with whatever it is. 

• 4 weeks ago

Only the executor is entitled to see it, when the person is deceased.  That person may choose to share it with the other beneficiaries but does not have to.  You can sue to see it, convince a judge that you have reason to believe that you were dealt with unfairly, but that "challenge" could prevent you from getting anything.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Wills & Estates law experience.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If your parent's are alive, TALK TO THEM.

Note: I can guarantee the will doesn't say how much they have.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Ask them to see a copy.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unless the parent is willing to share that information, you can't.  The parent is under no obligation to leave their children anything.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If they are alive ask them.....

If they are dead the probate court and the executor takes care of their assets.

• y
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are they dead or alive? Alive, unless they have been declared incompetent or something, it is none of your business. If dead, they are legal ways to go about it and such.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

As far as I know, you can't.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.