Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 4 weeks ago

What to do with child support?

I lost my job did to covid-19 crisis and I can't find another job. I'm running low on cash and they're still milking me for child support. Soon enough, I will have nothing to give. I don't even know how to pay next month's rent. 

3 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    Contact the courts and let them know that you lost your job, if they are any good they will lower the amount or place a stay on it til you get another job.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    File for unemployment.

  • y
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Changes in employment statues should be reported immediately to child services so adjustments can be made to the order. That is what you should have done. That is your first step in this process.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.