Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 months ago

Store tried to slander me what should I do?

I visited a store and assistant tried to accuse me of stealing that I didn't do. She threatened the police was outside which I never got the chance to meet. I had to empty my bag before I left the store on the store floor (not in a private room) once she had satisfied herself she obviously found nothing stolen in my posession. Instead of apologising for the misunderstanding she said you always come to do a refund!? The stupid asked me 'why are you here'. Firstly I don't secondly I'm from miles away from the area. I genuinely thought she was using that as an excuse to try to slander me. This isn't the first time I've got bad attitude here they constantly want to start an argument. At this point absolutely furious I was allowed to leave as normal crying all the way back home. Should I go to the police to complain or try to forget never going back to the store?

Whine, whine, whine.  You seriously need to grow up.  If you didn't return so many things to them, they wouldn't have treated you like that.  I don't see anything slanderous or even close.

• xyzzy

Go to the police for what? It is not a crime to think someone stole something. It you do not like the way you were treated don't go back.

Don't go back.  Police is pointless, they did nothing illegal.

That sounds like stalking and verbal abuse. I work in a high end retailer myself and we would get absolutely bollocked for treating a customer like that. Go to the station.

"I'm from miles away from the area."  You can't find a comparable store closer to home?

Don't go back if you don't like the treatment you get.  The police will not be happy with you wasting their time - NO crime was committed.  Something someone says to you is NOT slander. If you had documented proof that something you could prove is false was being said about you, and you could also prove how you were financially damaged by it, then you might win a lawsuit for slander.  This store did not even try to slander you, never mind succeed. You need to be a little more mature. Don't like the way you are treated, don't argue, just don't go back.

"Go to the police to complain"?

No, the police have far more important things to worry about than your piddly-*** complaint.

What you should have done is ask for the store manager WHEN IT HAPPENED, not after the fact.

Also, do you have witnesses? You say this didn't happen in a private room - certainly someone else saw and possibly captured it on their phone.

Too late for you to do anything now.