Can anyone tell me if my ps4 is basically screwed ?

So where I am I just had a thunderstorm and while that’s not uncommon for Florida this storm managed to send a power surge throughout my house which basically ruined my router and one of my DirecTV cable boxes but that’s besides the point. Anyways I went to go check on my ps4 and usually when there’s a power flicker my ps4 turns completely off but it was still on because the power in my house didn’t shut off so I figured for some reason my ps4 would be okay but then it just started getting all staticky on the home screen so I decided to turn my ps4 off completely thinking that would fix the problem but I turned it back on and now there’s like white dots all over the home screen and I’m wondering if it’s not an internal issue with the ps4 but maybe it’s an issue with the hdmi chord. Any and all help would be appreciated!

• opurt

If the power surge was bad enough to fry other devices, then it was likely bad enough to fry something in the PS4 as well. It's more likely the PS4's HDMI port or chip that's fried, rather than it damaging the cable. You can try another cable or TV to see if that helps.