Why are people homophobic?

I want to hear from the mind of someone who opposes same sex marriage. Why does it offend you so? 

Because they are disgusted by what homosexuals do in bed

I believe they are simply just more easily grossed out than most people.

Being easily grossed out is a congenital condition (developed before birth), and can not be changed. 

Science is finding more evidence of it, every day.

Noones afraid of homos.

Ignorance

Insecurity about their own sexuality.

Religious indoctrination

• Koi

It's simple. It's not part of the Christian God's plan for humanity on Earth. Congregations and denominations that lead people to believe otherwise are endangering their flock. 

Not that I really care one way or the other, but changing the status quo seemed very unnecessary. Gays could already have civil partnerships which gave the same legal recognition, so really all we're talking about is a word. Another question would be, why were homosexuals so bothered about a word?

your first mistake is assuming homophobic people even have minds

they lack sentience and are genuine filth just saying

Because children need a mom and a dad, recognizing same-sex marriage serves no purpose to society since only straight couples can procreate with eachother, and I'm afraid that gays having the freedom to marry will impede on my religious freedom to discriminate against them or speak out against their lifestyle in public. Activist judges imposed same sex marriage on most of the country. I'm also concerned children are now being taught that homosexual relationships are acceptable, because that's the next step in their agenda. 

• Jake

Because feminist, social justice warriors, polygamist, sexual deviants, religious cults, pedophiles, liberal extremist, conservatives, transgenders, and special snowflakes give us a bad reputation even though none of these people are truly apart of the LGBT community.

I oppose same-sex marriage because it's heteronormative, and because I oppose all marriage.  The function of marriage is the enslavement of a woman by a man.  To attempt to emulate it in homosexual circles creates a false gold standard of relationships which devalues other kinds of homosexual activity and is in bad taste because of its history.  For instance, rape within marriage was only recognised quite recently.  There should be ceremonies with no legal force, privately organised, plus civil partnerships which can be drawn up by any two people, and no legal institution of marriage at all.

I probably am slightly homophobic but I'm not aware of it.

it's gay