Is god male or female?

I'm just curious how many people would explain this in one way or the other

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

God is neither a male nor a female. Sex is applicable only to the creatures, not for God. God has created both male and female in creatures to create their own kind themselves. He didn't want to do the same work again and again and that is the reason.

• 1 month ago

Definitely male.  But where there is male, there is female.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

God has no gender. We refer to Him using male terms for two reasons. First, because He chose to reveal Himself to us in the image of "Father". And second, because He came to Earth 2,000 years ago in the form of a man.

• 1 month ago

Is god male or female?  The gods are whatever gender their creators decide they are.

Almighty God, being a spirit, has no gender but we refer to him as "he" because we humans have a problem with "it."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

God our Creator is Spirit (John 4:24), but for the sake of communication and clarity in expression etc., He is our heavenly Father - & in case you weren't sure, fathers are always male, just as God's Son Jesus Christ is male.

• 1 month ago

God is of no sex, since He is creator of that  biological action

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

John 4:24 KJV — God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

• 1 month ago

I try to avoid using pronouns for God entirely because there's a risk of creating a mental idol and reducing God to one's concept of the divine when one does so.  That said, if forced to do so I refer to God as "she" because she gave birth to the Universe.

• Spirit beings have no gender.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes... possibly

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.