Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 weeks ago

Should I drop out of medical school to get a max cape in Old school RuneScape ?

I’m thinking about my options. The only way I’ll get a max cape is if I play for 10 hours a day for the next 2 years straight 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No, you should become a game developer.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes............

• 4 weeks ago

just drop out halfway into medical school then become a nurse like all the other nurses

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

why would you waste a year of playing gamez

Source(s): Ayy another anonymous
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Anonymous obvious troll.

• 4 weeks ago

Let me spin the question around for you...

1) How are you going to cover the expenses involved in partaking this pursuit? -- Expenses would be food, utilities, internet access, subscription fees (since the item is only available to paid members.  Your expecting to pay between $198 - $242 + tax, where applicable, over those 2 years on this) & everything else that's involved in generally keep yourself alive & connected.

Don't expect others to support you on this endeavor as many cannot see any tangible payout from it IN ADDITION to the sunken costs towards made towards your now-abandoned education.

At least with medical school, the majority of it is financed through a combination grants, scholarships, loans & work-study in addition to family support.

2) Are you seriously committed in pursuing your goal? -- As you mentioned, you're estimating your time commitment at 70 hrs / wk for the next 2 years with NO VACATION / BREAKS figured in... for a total time commitment of 7,280 hrs (= 70 hrs / wk x 52 wks / yr x 2 yrs) or 3,640 hrs / yr.

Most medical schools require 160 credit hours over 4 years...  which breaks down to 40 credit hours per year OR 20 credit hours per semester.  This generally translates to 20 hrs / wk for instruction (lectures, labs & other classroom work) & an extra 20 - 40 hrs / wk in external work (homework, class projects, term papers, ect.) ON AVERAGE, depending on well you're able to grasp the material (actual time will vary).  This places a time commitment of 60 hrs / wk.  HOWEVER, semesters are only 16 weeks long (including Final Exams) & one academic year is typically 2 semesters (Fall & Spring, summer semester is typically excluded & generally shorter).  This places the total time commitment of 7,680 hrs (= 60 hrs / wk x 16 wks / semester x 2 semesters / yr x 4 yrs)...  or 1,920 hrs / yr.

BY COMPARISON, you're planning to nearly DOUBLE (~1.896x) the time you would normally take to get your medical degree to pursue obtaining the Max Cape.

3) What are you going to do after achieving your goal? -- What are you hoping to do w/ that Max Cape or your Runescape account once you reached it?  While you will obtain some renown within the Runescape community, that's about all you'll expect to get as generally nobody outside the game will likely care.

You legally cannot sell your account for cash, as that's a clear violation of the game's various policies (EULA, ToS & AUP... which you agreed to uphold by creating your account & playing the game) & with your known status as a high-level player may get attention with the Jagex staff (increasing the risk of getting the account banned on Runescape in addition of potentially getting your account banned eBay or whatever storefront you're using to trying to sell something you don't legally own).

At least with a Medical degree allow you to proceed towards becoming a doctor, a medical researcher OR proceed to a masters or a Ph.D & it's something that some businesses & others will take notice.

While it's ultimately your choice on how you want to proceed...  I wouldn't recommend changing course as all it'll eventually lead to is disappointment.

• Jo
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Yeah, do it. It seems like that cape must be pretty rad.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You don't play RuneScape and you clearly dropped out of high school.

• 4 weeks ago

You need to sit back, relax and contemplate. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.