Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Women do you also sometimes avoid eye contact with men to avoid accidentally looking like you're attracted to them when you're not?

Update:

Sometimes when I make eye contact with men, I think they get the wrong impression like as if I'm romantically interested and then they react negatively or keep extra distance even though I'm just making normal eye contact like I would with anyone else and I'm not interested in that particular person.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I do, but those men are usually fishing for eye contact or sometimes they aren't, they're like Adam above me. I just don't make eye contact with a man, unless he's comfortable with it and it's not a gaze. Usually, he gets embarrassed and starts acting passive aggressive and avoid me anyway

• 4 weeks ago

I'm a man, and I think eye contact is just normal, I've never thought "oh, she looked at me, she must want me" lol usually I think it shows more attraction when you can't look at the person. I avoid eye contact out of embarrassment, if I find a girl attractive. I can look girls I don't find too attractive in the eyes all day 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.