Do you think fast food chains like McDonalds could eventually be 100percent meat free? Could charbroiled soy burgers eventually replace?

charbroiled beef burgers?

Vegetarian & vegan

It wouldn't be profitable enough for them. 

If any place went meat free, I would no longer be a customer. I eat meat. That's never going to change. And I'm not swayed by vegan propaganda.

I doubt any restaurants will go completely meat free, unless the liberal socialists are in charge, and they forcibly make eating meat illegal.

If the left wing liberals tried such shenanigans, it might result in a scandal. And it would cause us meat eaters to rebel.

Like anyone else, I don't know what the future holds (outside of the Bible). Your guess is as good as mine.

• Megumi

No, not enough people are vegans to keep such chains in business. Not many people are slaves to PETA's lies. 

no , after all there chips are cooked in oil , there icecreams and milk are meat by products , just another way of getting the extra dollar from you.

NO (15 characters)

Evolution takes time. When I stopped eating meat forty years ago one could only get baked potatoes or cheese salad in restaurants, etc. - very little vegan at all. Even biscuits/cookies had animal fats. Now veggie options are available in all pubs, restaurants, etc., even burger joints! There is a very strong vegan movement certainly here in the U.K. and in most of the western world. Recent spikes in Covid-19 in Germany, England and Wales have started in meat processing plants - and we all know where the virus originated. 

Of course, for most people the needs of their taste buds take priority over the needs of the planet, but things are changing slowly. Rather like smoking: forty years ago people smoked in cinemas, bars, and even restaurants. Now tobacco farmers grow other things because it has become anti-social rather than the norm.

I expect eating animals will go the same way over time. Even in MacDonalds!

Absolutely not.   Vegan "burgers" are NOT healthier.   Many vegan patties have a lot of chemicals and preservatives in them.

Soy also isnt good for you either.

• kswck2

Never happen. Americans NEED their chunks of grease on a bun. And so long as there is a Need, there will be a supply. 

Yes it could happen in some countries. 

• Daisy

No, I don't believe McDonald's or any other major burger joint, will become meat free. McDonalds cut short their test of selling a plant based burger (Beyond Meat).

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/mcdonalds-beyond-...