Anonymous

My daughter caught COVID-19 from SUMMER SCHOOL? What now?

My daughter unfortunately failed 6th grade, and she was prioritized to summer school. Our school district decided to hold in-person learning for summer school, despite the pandemic. She has been in summer school for two weeks now, and about three days ago she told us that she was feeling very sick. Out of concern, we took her to get checked out by a doctor, and it turns out that she has COVID-19.

I want to sue the school district. If we were to have remote learning, she wouldn't of had COVID-19. And now they want everybody living in my household to self-quarantine. It turns out that a bunch of students caught the virus too. How can I sue the school district and get $$$? They aren't even apologizing which is absolutely ridiculous. 

Talk to a lawyer because it's likely many school districts are going to be embroiled in lawsuits over such things. Your daughter isn't the only one and your family isn't singular in this situation. 

• Alan H

Initially ask for an apology and compensation.   Only if that is not forthcoming, take legal action

• Tj

You call a lawyer, see if you have any options...Maybe be part of a class action law suit to the school.

• g

You don't know she got it from the school. Have all of you been staying at home, had no contact with anyone? Have the rest of you even been tested to see who else has it?