Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Can I get Root Canal Treatment and fillings all under general anesthesia?

I recently went to the dentist and they told me I had 13 cavities and I needed RCT. Is it possible to get that all done under general anesthesia. If so is there any recommends on where I should go ? I live in Chicago. 

you dont need general anesthesia, the local numbing should be fine. also good luck getting it all done at once, you'll probably have to go in for serval visits

General anesthesia implies some risks. You only need local anesthesia for that work.

Do you have a clue as to what General Anesthesia is??

Do you know what the cost of this is??

I know that many on social welfare health care do not consider/care about the cost to those footing the  bills (tax payers). I am sure that is not the case with you!

No.  They are only going to numb the area where the work is done.  The dentist cannot ethically or legally apply a general anesthetic where it is not required, or his license to practice would be at stake.

• Rick

General anesthesia is dangerous;  there are several deaths every year, so a lot of dentists shy away from them.  IF you really want it, you might need an oral surgeon ................