Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

Is it normal for me to hate my mom this much even though shes done a lot for me??

Ok I know it's a weird question. I'm 25 now and living on my own. Growing up, my mom was always my rock. She bought me whatever I needed and whatever I wanted. After I turned 9, she changed and started turning evil. She still continued to buy me whatever I wanted but I felt unloved. She always called me mean names and put me down. I had severe depression because of her. I always wanted to make her proud but I was never able to. She would force me to do whatever she wanted. I wasn't allowed to chase my own goals and dreams. It was always about her and impressing her. She never cared about my feelings. She would put me down any way she can. After high school, I was stuck because I had nothing to do. I was unemployed and living with my mom. I had severe social issues and I would never go out on my own. She constantly picked on me and made me feel like I was a burden.

I left the house 3 years ago after she started getting physical with me. I wasn't able to take it and I became homeless for 9 months. I finally got my own place and I've been living in peace. She won't stop calling me. I ignore every single text and phone call. I replied once and she still made it all about herself so I vowed to never speak again. She left a voice mail today telling me that I'm ungrateful for all the things she has done for me. She says I have no right to be mad because shes done everything for me, which is true. She would book appointments for me and do everything I wasnt able to. 

Do I have the right to be mad? I just can't stand her and I don't want to allow pain back into my life. I'm done with her and I just want to start my own life. I still feel like I'm only alive to please her. Is she right?

Yes I'm a female by the way. I love my mom but I never want to speak to her or see her if thst makes sense. I moved very far from her. I'm 9 hours away by car from her. Never seen her for years. 

I find myself more social and I finally have a job and friends. I feel more happy when shes not around me. I'm not scared of being outdoors and I'm not insecure anymore like I used to be. 

• Tj

Change your phone number, move if you have to...Keep her out of your life.

i wouldnt be around her if shes going to be abusive

No one can really tell you how to live. Yes shes a horrible mom but only you know her and you've experienced pain with her. Nobody can really stop how you feel. You only got one life and you're still young. You need to stop stressing about the whole thing and just live your life. Its gonna be a long life filled with pain if you're gonna live it miserable. Do what you think is right for you.

• Linda

You have been through a great deal with your mom and you have an enormous amount of anger toward her. It is not normal to hate your Mom. Seek counseling from a licensed therapist to help you sort out your past and present and put things in perspective and decide, coupled with their help, if you should keep her in your life with boundaries or cut her out of your life...best of luck whatever you choose!

Source(s): Counseling can help bc it helped me