Anonymous

Would you feel uncomfortable if your roommate was a homosexual?

I would. I’d be worried he’d be perving on my body or that he’d try to rape me or whatever. I’d hate being unable to walk around in my boxers. I just wouldn’t trust him. 

I've had "homosexual" roommates of both genders and it never bothered me at all. This idea that you're so hot no gay man could keep his hands off of you is pretty absurd. The trick here isn't to avoid gay people but rather to avoid rapists. 

• Jim

It would not bother me because he would know I am not gay. I could walk around naked if I wanted to and so could he. It wouldn't change my sexual orientation.

• Edna

If your roommate is a homosexual and you feel uncomfortable around him and afraid that he's going to rape you (highly unlikely), then why did you agree to let him be your roommate in the first place?

• Tj

Trust me, he will not rape you.  Gay people do respect limits, and do respect others.  You need to get to know him better, you can even be friends. Most gay people are the best friend you can have.

• Alan H

No reason why that would happen

But you are free to choose your room mates

So you wouldn't choose such a room mate in the first place would you.  

Read 1 Corinthians chapters 5 & 6, in the Bible, on this. This includes we should Not associate with homosexuals. 

One time by boyfriend and I were walking down the hallway and the homosexual that lived next to us, he saw us, screamed "Only homosexuals is right".  and we both were smashed into the floor.  My scream brought the neighbors out.... So very evil they can be! 

You have a weird way of thinking. It does not mean that if you're into that gender, you'd be perving and try to rape everyone you see of that same gender. Why do you automatically assume that he would do that?? If you're not comfortable then I suggest that you move out or find other roommates. I don't think he'd want to be roommates with you either. If you're uncomfortable, others can feel it and would probably be uncomfortable too...so find another place or roommate.

• Jesere

In the Navy I had a roommate who was homosexual. We were friends and respected each other. I trusted her. 

Then you're an idiot. I'm sure you aren't interesting at all to gay people. Just like I'm sure plenty of women aren't interested.