Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Despite the fact most men are more likely to troll people online than women, why do sites have a fair amount of women who are unpleasant.?

Ignore the tiresome cliche of the aggression of men. It is a part of human nature regardless of gender and has nothing to do with whether you are a man or a woman. To some degree, we all have it in us.

No matter what may have happened to us all those years ago (if anything), there's no better place to 'get it off our chest', than the Web, especially when anonymity is an option - with women using it more and more to fully unleash their suppressed anger and aggression through merciless harassment and abuse of others.

Where (and what's) the bandwagon?

What? On here, for example? There are some who's 'aggressive posture' during their years on here have turned more and more into petulance and self pity, with uncontrolled bursts of anger and spleen.

Whatever may have happened to them (or males) far away from their laptops, that's their business, but - like it or not - if anyone comes onto 'sites' like this thinking they will discuss subjects without being abused, their intelligence will unfortunately give them away.

Think of how Yahoo Answers has become since it became a 'free-for-all'. Many have fled, leaving, as the asker types, the kind who have plenty to either get off their chest - and in the time we're in today, with unconscious fear, guilt and anger (every day and all day - whilst the rest of us are at work) - be it 'Lady Europa' (Maria) or any other of the self-loathing lot.

Even British humour is based on self-deprecation and one's own misery. Never mind the sexes.

Female trolls do it for the same reason male trolls do it. They feel powerless in their daily lives and the anonymity of the internet gives them the freedom to abuse others. Then they go to work the next day and build up a whole new reservoir of hatred they need to spew at some stranger online. 

Most Western women ARE unpleasant ...to be fair , they have been indoctrinated to hate men by their feminist " sistas " ...most believe all their BS !! 

In Gender Studies it seems that there's more aggressive men with outdated sexist views of what women should do, say or think.  I'm not sure what 'bandwagon' you wish we'd jump on to.  I try not to take any negative opinions of either the male or 'supposedly' female posters in this particular section, seriously, though often I find the views of some posters quite despairing.

Some men have always been reprehensible, be they privileged, or left behind (at a social level). It only took the internet to make it obvious. For all the derision men have toward the supposed "professional victimhood" of some women, be they on the internet or in the real world. Men are the ones subject to genuine oppression, the ones whose issues are taken as uninteresting and unimportant - and this is before I even mention the current horror (death of G. Floyd - and the result thereof) which had many more 'aggressive' men coming onto the net to show their 'superiority'.

• liz

I’m not sure how we know whether there is a “ fair amount” of men or women who are unpleasant given that we can’t tell users’ genders on-line. I would say there are a fair amount of posters who speak as if they are men online and who I would describe as unpleasant.  Why do you imagine your view counts any more than mine?

If you're referring to the ones on here, it's because they're bored, lonely, and have nothing more worthwhile in life than trolling and provoking arguments. Any kind of attention will do, it seems.

How very dare you, I am a LADY.  

My cause is the rising eagle of hate and intolerance.  

Just look at the way Dianne talks online here, enough said

This is News and Current events, there is a gender studies category.  You get a more informed response there.