Should english, chinese ,spanish and arabic become official languages of the USA?

Although I speak a language in addition to English, I think that the use of other languages in public discourses should not be discouraged. Different languages tend to breed ethnicity, and almost invariably when there are several different ethnicity in a country there are problems. A prime example is Bosnia where they had ethnic cleansing, and in some communist countries. 

No. I feel pressured already having to know some Spanish!!! That is from living in south Florida

English should be the official language, and I say that as someone who grew up bilingual.  Proficiency in English should be required in order to vote so that no one depends on translations which may or may not be accurate.

Years ago my non English-speaking Greek mother-in-law was telling me about how she was going to vote in the upcoming elections.  I asked her how she'd decided that and she said it was because of what she heard on some Greek radio station.  The "information" was biased and totally incorrect.  When I explained that to her, she was outraged.  

English. America is a former British colony and the vast majority of people there speak English.

But why should the USA speak another language than English? Ask to yourself first ...

No.  There are dozens of Native languages we should recognize first.

• Zirp

No, go make your own darned languages. Make ASL official. Let states, counties, municipalities and highschools choose their own official languages.

Make the surviving Native American languages official in the areas where they are spoken.

Teach all 12-year-olds Esperanto, and make it mandatory to seriously take at least one foreign language of your choice through the rest of "highschool"

No.  The US has no "official language."  English is not an official language in the US.  So why would there be other official languages?  

The US business language is of course English.  

In fact many other countries use English for their international business dealings.  International politics are also mostly in English when Europeans and Americans are attendees.  [I attended an international conference of The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS) in Athens Greece.  Everything was done in English. The Keynote Speaker was the Prime Minister of Greece.  He gave the keynote in English.]  International flight control under (ICAO rules) is also in English.  [I once flew as pilot in command along the Bamboo Route into and out of Thailand and along the China coast to and from Hong Kong.  All radio transmissions were in English.]

• Alan H

There is no such language as ‘Chinese’ There are many distinct dialects

Since America's never had any official language until now, why on Earth should it start now?