Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How to deal with employee?

I have an employee who is sometimes a smart-***. Like today I asked him where is his mask and he replies, “I left it at the robbery.” Why do employees act this way and how do I deal with it?

You should answered him so let's go to police station to file report about the lost mask at robbery. 😅

Do not confront him directly, you're playing to him. Instead of 'Who, what, why, where, when.' questions, use passive statements that does not require a response.  Something like. can you put your mask on, please, or We are at work, Masks on, thanks. 

Please and thank you can make a world of difference.

tell him that if he doesnt wear a mask hes fired

You act like a boss. When your employee gives you a smart-*** answer, then you call him out on it right then and there. You say something like--"I asked you a direct question, and I expect a respectful, grown-up answer from you. Where is your mask?" If they don't respond with a respectful, grown-up answer at that point, then you will need to write them up. You should not tolerate disrespect. 

BUT--you should also not call out every single smart-aleck answer. Sometimes people need to blow off steam. Remember the situation. Act accordingly. Be tolerant of unusual or extreme situations and try to LISTEN. 

Smile when you approach employees and ask them to comply. Keep anger and resentment out of your voice. But still, don't tolerate behavior that is against the rules. 

Source(s): Worked in HR for 31 years.

Wait until he asks you, "Where's my paycheck?" Say, I left it in the trash -like your job, you're fired!

He was just being funny lol. I would have laughed if i heard that.

• Alan H

Just remind him that you are being serious:   Safety matters more than silliness

Why ask him where his mask is?      Just tell him he needs to put his mask on.    If he refuses, then clock him out and send him home.

It's your job to enforce the rules.   You don't ask.  You tell.   Politely and directly.  They comply or good-bye.

As far as you getting some goofy response to a question you shouldn't have asked...who cares?    This isn't about you or your feelings or what you think is funny or not.   Dude needs to wear a mask and do what he's told.   Keep your eye on the ball.

• Helen

Are you asking how to deal with someone having a sense of humour?

I suppose you could always try having one yourself.

• Jesere

Write him up......