Jordyn asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Should I be concerned about my period?

Sorry if TMI- just getting some feedback to see if I should go see my doctor. 

Yesterday I noticed I started to have an uncomfortable pain(kinda like a cramp but not as bad or defined) and then later found out I was bleeding a decent amount. The thing that concerns me is I had my period starting last Monday 6/29- ending Monday the 7/6. That period in of its self was weird and heavier than normal. My period has never been regular but always light and last usually 3-5 days. I am on birth control which during most days has a blue color capsule and then the week you’re supposed to have a period is (2) white and (2) brown ones I took the first of those Wednesday and thought maybe since my period came early that when I took those it stimulates my body to bleed again?! Could I be right and it’s not a huge concern or should I see my doctor? Thank you and again sorry for the TMI! 🤪😅

• Bort

You should see a doctor whenever you have any kind of health concern, period. See your doctor. 

It seems you know that periods aren't always exactly the same. It's likely what you're thinking that it was just more involved and heavier this time. It's most likely completely normal and nothing is wrong but you don't and can't know for sure without getting checked. So get checked and be sure. Most of the time if something is going on catching it early so whatever it might be is treated right away is the best course of action. Get checked. Be sure.

• ?

It's normal to have fluctions in your hormon levels, however since you mention you're on the pill, it's _not_ normal. Please contact your doctor. It might be nothing, but you need to know for sure.

Best wishes.

Birth control pills can cause all kinds of side effects including abnormal periods.My advise is talk to your doctor about getting an  IUD instead.