Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What makes christians think they can fathom God's ways?

They say He exists and they know what he wants without providing evidence and if anyone disagrees they misunderstand! LOL

Update:

Why would THINKING you can fathom gods ways make you perfect?  It does not.  In fact, it makes you DEFECTIVE and DELUSIONAL.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

None think they can fully.   But choose to obey where they do know

• Hogie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So, you have talked to, personally, every Christian about this..... hence you can, as a result, claim they all say you don't understand, etc.  

And you think this is funny.... 

Sounds delusional to me....

• 1 month ago

Give it up. There is no evidence that you will accept. It isn't "Evidence of God" that makes a Christian; it's "Faith in God."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We read and know the Bible. You can too.

Chop chop

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I certainly cannot do that, and neither can any other person. Which is why Jesus founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church the fullness of God's truth until the end of time. So that we would have an authoritative source of God's truth, and not have to figure it out for ourselves.

• Ron
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You are correct in that we cannot be perfect.  We are all imperfect - Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  - - - -  However, God does want us to take in accurate knowledge and learn his ways as best we can - 1 Timothy 2:4 – whose (God’s) will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.  - - - -  So, God wants us to take in accurate knowledge.  And Jesus tells us where we can find this accurate knowledge that God wants us to have - John 17:17 - Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.  - - - -  And as he indicates in that Scripture, the result of taking in an accurate knowledge of truth can lead to being sanctified, or having an approved standing before God.  But there are so many different religions that deviate from the truth in the Scriptures.  The Bible warns us about people like this - 2 Peter 3:16 . . . and these things the ignorant and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.  - - - -  That is why we must follow this Scriptural advice if we want to make sure we are getting accurate knowledge - Acts 17:11 . . . carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.  - - - -  So for everyone that reads this and is interested in the accurate knowledge that the Scriptures provide, I invite you to visit the following web site where free Bible lessons are offered online.  And you can examine the Scriptures carefully, to see if you are indeed getting accurate knowledge.  The site is: 

www.jw.org

• 1 month ago

Same question I asked GOD when HE sent me and SAID -  "GO!"

THUS SAITH THE LORD:

"This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will, and setteth up over it the basest of men" (Daniel 4:17).

"...till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will" (Daniel 4:25).

"...until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will" (Daniel 4:32)!

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD!
  • 1 month ago

God is real and all real Christians have a personal relationship with Him. If you can truly believe in Him, you will know His majesty, grace, power and judgement. If you reject Him, you are in great danger.

There is only One True God(God - The Father,God - The Son,God - The Spirit) who made Heaven and Earth.

We are all sinners and deserve Hell. But, there is a way to Heaven. 

Jesus said, " I AM THE WAY,THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE" 

How to be sure of being saved or going to Heaven? 

1) Believe in the One True God(God - The Father,God - The Son,God - The Spirit) and accept Christ ALONE(not self-righteousness, not Mary, not Saints, not religion, not sacraments) as your personal savior. 

2) You have a new heart and new desires. A truly Born-Again believer is a new creation and will have the natural desire to love God and hate sin. They will be sorry when they sin and cant keep enjoying sin as before. 

• Jim V
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

“Fathom” is an interesting word that you use here. 

To me it pretty much means ‘comprehend’. 

It is true that God, and His ways, are not fully comprehendible (fathomable). 

If you stand on a beach you cannot comprehend/fathom the vastness, depths or life in the ocean right in front of you. 

But you can apprehend parts of it - mostly from what you are told about it. 

We can know of God’s existence from God’s creation. 

We can know of God’s ways from God’s revelation. 

Can we fathom either?  No

But we can apprehend much. 

Re Update:

I see that you have a basic misunderstanding of Christians. 

We are not perfect because of our understanding of God. That is going to be flawed in each of us. 

We are /made/ perfect before God by what Christ has done to redeem us. 

The only question then is about to whom you belong to, have trust in and are growing in ... God or yourself?

• 1 month ago

Who says we can?

We go off of what we learn and hardships we experience in life.

The bible guides us out of those ruts. Case closed.

🥴 Am so sorry you wasted your entire life thinking we're perfect.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.