Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

How can the hypothesis of evolution (which isn’t a scientific theory despite common misconception) be trusted when there exists no recorded?

exists no recorded case of a monkey giving birth to a human or anything similar?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Nobody suggests monkeys give birth to humans; rather that we have a common ancestry 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No offense, but such an ignorant question could only be asked by someone who desperately avoids learning any actual information on the subject. Your question is so far removed from anything concerning evolution, it is totally meaningless.

born gain Christian biologist

• 1 month ago

Were you home schooled by chance?

• 1 month ago

Sorry, not feeding trolls today, you're just gonna starve

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Evolution doesn't predict any case of a monkey (or ape) giving birth to a human, or anything similar. So the lack of such a case has no bearing on the question. 

Evolution has the status of a theory because we have two independent proofs it happened. The first, discovered by Darwin and Wallace (independently of each other) is found in the physical structures of different life forms and their distribution. Naturalists had been collecting and documenting information on diverse life, all around the globe, for a couple centuries at that time, and Darwin and Wallace had both contributed to the effort. 

The second proof arose over a century later, in my own lifetime, when biologists discovered how genetics operates on the molecular level. That allowed them to catalog and compare DNA sequences from different life forms and determine their relationships. Had there been any problem with the first proof of evolution, this new branch of science could have been depended on to expose it. Instead, it confirmed the theory, provided a second, independent proof of it. 

We don't HAVE to observe the full process of evolution of a new, dramatically different life form to prove the theory--any more than I have to actually see a rabbit near my house to deduce from its tracks that it has been there. 

You are welcome to try to discredit the theory--but you would have to either find a counter-example, which no one ever has so far, or you would have to study the theory and the existing proofs and find flaws in them. So far, no one alleging such a flaw has managed to demonstrate anything but their lack of comprehension of the theory.

• 1 month ago

Stay in school and retake Paleontology and Anthropology.

• 1 month ago

Obviously you don't understand what evolution is. You may as well say that the fact that a tree never started talking disproves evolution. Both of our examples are equally silly and have NOTHING to do with evolution.

That is what I intended with my example... how about you with yours?

• gillie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A monkey giving birth to a human is not evolution and would disprove the theory.  You're so ignorant that you don't even understand that.

• 1 month ago

It can’t. The public schools have been confusing kids for generations now. In 7th grade science class (the fundamentals) they correctly teach them the hierarchy of hypothesis, theory, and law. Then, 3 years later in biology, they try to pass off evolutionism (which BARELY passes as a hypothesis) as a “theory”. 

• Gelo
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I see you're still at it.  

Some people have no ability to learn, which does make me question evolution.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.