Sean asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

How do I stop my ex from rubbing her perfect life in my face?

I consider myself a good guy I think most people would agree. But when I see my ex's Instagram stories, where she's vacationing in Luxembourg with her beau (this d-bag named Lorenzo), I get angry. She could, at the very least, shoot me a text, telling me she's gonna post some bulls**t on her feed today and that I should the 'gram for a while. It would only be considerate. I hear the comments already- just unfollow her! But if I did that, it wouldn't bode well for the promise she made to me when we broke up, that we would remain friends. Friends follow each other on Instagram. We broke up shortly before the plandemic, but we were planning on hanging out at restaurants and clubs as friends. Again, COVID screwed everything up, so what do I do? Delete my Instragam app? I'm in quarantine, what am I gonna do, scroll through Twitter when she's constantly posting about how Lorenzo makes her whole, and she tweets out dumb-a** political hot takes about how Joe Biden's some kind of "lesser of two evil"? Like?! Does she want to get Trump re-elected or some s**t? Who has she become even? Need help desperately.

This whole friends thing clearly isn't working so stop doing it. You don't have to just because she wants to.

If she's rubbing her perfect life in your face, then she's already broken her promise to be your friend. A friend would not do such a thing. 

And by the way I and my friends do not follow each other on instagram, so your blanket statement that that is what friends do is invalid. But if you want to be a slave to social media I don't know what to tell you.

• Alan H

Nobody compels you to read it.....or even open it

It seems to me the issue lies within you, and not her! The issue I am referring to, is that you seem to be struggling with the fact she is moving on with her life and that she has a new guy in it, its time to be honest here. She isn't posting things on her IG to get a rile out of you, she is doing so because thats what people do on IG, I'm sorry but you just aren't that important to her, its time you get over yourself here.

If it bothers you so much that she is living her life, or what her political beliefs are? The simple solution is block her on IG and twitter, this way you don't have to see what she posts. 

It's time to grow up here, stop putting the blame on her, and start taking accountablity for your own life choices.

• Helen

She's moved on with her life. You clearly haven't.

Until you let go of this stupid notion of friendship and put your own needs first, you will continue torturing yourself.

This is easy: delete her from your social media accounts.

Why would you keep in touch with a girl who's with another guy?

Dude, stop being such a pathetic victim, find yourself someone better, and enjoy your life instead of wallowing in self-inflicted self-pity. Seriously. You're kind of embarrassing to your fellow males.

"I hear the comments already- just unfollow her! But if I did that, it wouldn't bode well for the promise she made to me when we broke up, that we would remain friends."

🥴 You're kinda using this as an excuse to torture yourself. And although 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', you're wasting your own time and breaking your own heart.

Unfollow her and block. It sounds to me that she knows she's torturing you and doesn't care.

True friends don't do that.

• Petter

Boy, do you got issues... Why don't you stay off of that Insta all together? No need to block or anything. Friends or not, it's over. Get over it.

Stop looking at her Instagram, problem solved!