Anonymous

Does environment change your race?

If you had all the white people in europe move to africa and all the black people move to europe would those two groups eventually end up swapping races as they adapt to the environment?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

><_,_><

Åny kind of exercise can be altered by thė 

lånd but especially racing where terrain cån

chånge your game & make racing ėvėn môrė

hård, yo !

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

• 1 month ago

Not instantly, and the main reason is because changes happen gradually. When humans migrated from the east to the west, there were indeed changes that took place due to the environment. These were largely physiological which is associated with skin tone and physical features. However, we have to keep in mind that such changes were not just attributed to the surrounding environment. Some of it was also due to various tribes or groups intermingling which produced offspring. When groups intermingled it meant a changing of appearance and physical features through interracial reproduction. 

However, what must also be understood is that changes due to the environment happen over time. When groups migrated throughout the Earth, they did not move from east to west all at once. There were instances at which migratory patterns stopped for periods, which provided time for the adaptation and changes to take place. Humans migrate even in today's time, however, if we all take note, we don't see the same physiological changes that occurred in centuries past. The only exception would be a change in skin tone due to a great deal of exposure to the sun. However, even that can be limited due to various forms of technology to mitigate the exposure. 

The point being, the changes in how humans look don't happen as much today, because humans can now migrate at faster periods of time. Also note, we have forms of protection and technology to maintain a steady composition of our human physiology compared to centuries ago when survival was much more difficult than it is today. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, mutations are random. You wouldn't expect the same results twice.

But further more, there's no proof skin color has anything to do with climate.

My parents all the way back 5 generations were born in Europe, I have blond hair and yet it I don't get sun burnt ... And I've lived in a desert in the subtropics.

• 1 month ago

Yes and no. That is, yes the environment had and has direct influence over evolutionary racial differences, but no because those kinds of changes to a population take a loooooooong time. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, maybe epigenetics but not enviromental epigenetics.

• 1 month ago

If so, it would take a long long time.  The people who have moved , have stayed the same color for generations in some cases

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes cause white people can become brown when they live in a hot place

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.