I have a piece of land in AZ but I don't exactly what I can build on it. Is there any business that takes care of these issues?

I have the land surveyed. I just need to know the cheapest residential structure I can build on it according to building codes. I would like to go and tell them what kind of building I have in mind and wait for them to let me know if that type of house is allowed in that lot or not. I have only two houses in mind. So, I need a professional to prepare all the paperwork to request a permit.

All builders have to follow code.  Choose an established home design and get some quotes for building it. 

• Judy

Unless your able and planning to build it yourself, talk to a builder.

Easiest way to handle this, may be to check the tax record and see what the zoning is.  Then google search the zoning code for your state/ county.  The google search should point you to the specific builing code for where you are (these things are always online somewhere).  Then you simply read thru the important sections of the code to see what would be allowed.  There is a good chance nothing can be built there (if its a 2 acre lot and the zoning code requires 5 acres to build anything - for example) but this search should give you an idea.  

If you find you are able to build what you want, then I'd still suggest you talk to a real estate lawyer and make sure they agree (might cost you a few 100 dollars, but alot cheaper than building something that you then have to tear down).