Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Does anybody have an idea with whats wrong with me? Pls a doctor/gynecologist respond! ASAP ?

Hi so every time I have sex It is unbearable pain a lot of the time and I just went to the gynecologist and she said nothing looked abnormal but when she put her fingers inside of me to feel around my abdomen where she was pushing down on it while inside hurt really bad and inside my vagina did as well. She wants to get an ultrasound and blood work. I haven’t been tested for STDS and stuff and I have had unprotected sex before. But I’m going to be tested. Ever since I started having sex it has hurt. So I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with me. This pain has also been going on for almost 2 years now. I also have a history of sexual abuse. But that was 2 years ago the first time I’ve had sex. I’ve talked to a sex therapist and she thought it was vaginismus at first but now we don’t think that’s the case. Any help or any ideas what this could be would be very helpful. Also yesterday was the first time I went to a gynecologist and she wants to do an ultrasound to also check for ovarian cysts. Thanks !


I have talked to some gynecologists online and some think it could be endometriosis, pelvic muscle spams, vaginismus, and some of them don't think it is any STDS because the pain has been going on for so long and there are no other symptoms that would relate to an STD. 

Update 2:

I also understand that doctors online won't be able to truly know what the problem is but maybe if any had any ideas that would be great thank you !

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Please do get all of the tests that the gyn has ordered, including the ultrasound, blood work, and getting tested for STDs.

    I'm not a doctor myself, but some with chronic or ongoing pain in the bladder, for instance, may have what is referred to as "Interstitial Cystitis" (IC), which may apparently include symptoms of urgency and/or frequency of urination.

    Those with pain in the vulva area (opening of v#gina) may be having symptoms of vulvodynia.  It's important, however, to get certain health issues ruled out first.

    Please do continue with your gyn and/or consider getting a referral to a board-certified urologist (MD or DO).

    I don't personally know anything re: the National Vulvodynia Association, however, their website has more general info (though, *not* for self-diagnosis or self-treatment):

    The Interstitial Cystitis Association has more general info re: IC (though, also for informational purposes), and there *might* be a local support group:

    With regard to the past abuse, hoping that you're currently in therapy with a licensed mental health professional.

    There may be a local therapy program specifically for "women's (or men's) trauma, such as through an "intensive outpatient program" (IOP) or a "partial hospital" outpatient (day treatment) program.  The IOP usually has less therapy hours per day and/or week than a "partial hospital" program.  Both levels of care include group therapy as part of the process.  (Such a therapy program may also be referred to as PTSD/post-traumatic stress disorder, which is an anxiety disorder that some *might* have from with previous trauma.)

    This website should have some local counseling agencies:

    Their toll-free 24/7 ** referral ** hotline:

    1-800-662-HELP (4357).

    The RAINN website has a toll-free 24/7 helpline for those who have been assaulted or violated in such a way (though, *not* in place of professional counseling):

  • 1 month ago

    No one can make diagnosis through internet but my first thought was vaginismus, however, it could be the result of the sexual abuse. You need to keep working w your therapist and wait for the results from the tests w your doctor. 

  • 1 month ago

    Get the STD test. Get the blood work. Get the ultrasound. The doctor will be able to tell you what's wrong. No one on the internet can possibly do an examination that would tell you what the problem is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.