Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

Is it rude to tell someone you wanted to invite them but thought they’d say no? ?

A friend of mine always says they can’t come when I do them to go for outing with me. They mentioned how the one I went on looked fun. So would it be rude for me to tell them I wanted to invite them but thought theyd say no. 

• East

It's certainly awkward and would create awkwardness.  I think if you phrase it in a nice and positive way it's kind of OK: "I'd love to see you and you're certainly welcome- just want to doing things that I know you'd like."

It is rude and incorrect.  If you wanted to, you could.  You didn't want to because you didn't want to be turned down.  There's no point in being so passive-aggressive.  If you have an issue with someone always turning down invitations, tell them.  Ask them if they'd rather not be invited in the future because they seem not to be interested.