My iPhone 6 will turn on, but not to work...?

So after a period of non-usage, I charged the phone again to find a problem: the phone "turns on", meaning the screen lights up, though dimly. There's no Apple logo, nor anything to suggest functionality remains. Is there a way perhaps to fix, or need it be taken in/disposed of at this point? (not my only phone)...

An iPhone 6? I think it’s time to upgrade, my friend. 

Most likely it has just crashed after the battery went flat.

Leave it on charge.

Press and hold both the home and power buttons at the same time.

After about ten seconds, you should see the Apple logo - release both buttons.

That's a "hard reset, it restarts the phone as if it were previously turned off properly.

It does not delete anything.

It sometimes takes a few tries, and the phone must have been on charge for a couple of hours before trying it - but it should eventually and work normally.

You can check the state of the battery using the battery monitor in the settings, once it is working.

The battery may have been damaged it it was left flat for too long; if it gets hot, disconnect power and get a new battery...

take it to a phone place and get it fixed

take it to a phone place and have them fix it

• Cisco

Try factory restore an update via iTunes recovery mode. I wonder if it's a bad battery causing that