Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 4 weeks ago

I can't breathe what can I do?

I keep waking up choking and can't sleep anymore due to breathing problems. I can't see my doctor for weeks cause she's fully booked.

So what I can do in the mean time to help me breathe so I can sleep? Do those special pillows work or any medications?

• 6 days ago

Have you looked up the symptoms of sleep apnea? I recommend checking if you have those symptoms and calling your doctor again. It can be fixed by sleeping on your side. Try physical exercise or sitting more upright when you sleep.

• 1 week ago

interesting points ,if anyone else is searching for alternative sleep apnea treatments try Imforda Sleep Expert Guide(Have a quick look on google cant remember the place now ) ? Ive heard some super things about it and my colleague got amazing results with it. 

Is your name 'George Floyd' by any chance?

sorry man

you had a good run it was know you

• Edna

I'm willing to bet that, if you call your doctor's office and tell them the problem you're having breathing at night, they'll get you in to see your doctor in just a couple of days.

You might want to ask your doctor if she'll try you on a Trelegy Ellipta inhaler. Believe me -- that stuff works! It's the 18-wheeler of inhalers! It helps me. It comes in a little round container that's small enough that you can carry it in your purse or in your pocket and carry it with you when you go out.

I have emphysema, and I sometimes wake up short of breath during the night. Ordinarily, you take one puff of Ellipta daily. Try taking your puff before you go to bed at night. It opens up your airway, and keeps it open during the night.

Just a suggestion: Try not to never sleep flat on your back - sleep on your side or on your stomach. Sleeping on your side or on your stomach eases breathing problems while you're trying to sleep. 

could be you stop breathing sometimes when you sleep. Apnoe. There is a little ventilator that helps this condition. One of them is made by ResMed. A lot of people have this problem, especially if they snore or are overweight. In any event explain your problem to the the Doctor's receptionist, and see about a breathing test and/or sleep lab.. 

• kelvin

you call your doctor and you tell the receptionist it's an emergency and you need to see him immediately

Use an extra pillow or two and don't eat within 2 hours of going to bed if it is gastric reflux involved. You could take Gaviscon Advanced or a similar indigestion/heartburn/wind relief medication with Simeticone in it to help move gas along.

If the breathing difficulties are due to an infection, heart problems, or kidneys problems, then you should seek urgent medical evaluation. Most doctor's surgeries have a triage system that allows same-day appointments for urgent cases.  So too will your local A&E Dept (ER) check you and either send you home or keep you for further investigation.

Die quietly.  The rest of are busy breathing.

• keerok

Yoga an hour before and chamomile tea right before bedtime.