Allison asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Can it cause you to get a yeast infection if you take a bath with self rising flower or will it have any effects on you or a unborn child?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The "yeast" in flour is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the "yeast" that causes a yeast infection.  Self rising flour uses BAKING POWDER and not yeast anyway.

The bigger issue is just water temperature.

Yeast infections in a woman is caused by a fungus called Candida.  

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/candidiasis/in...

To get a yeast infection - something needs to cause an imbalance in the woman's vaginal region that impairs her healthy bacteria and allows the candida to increase.

Anything that kills good bacteria increases the risk of a yeast infection.  Anything that can cause the fungus candida to increase will likely cause a yeast infection if the good bacteria can't keep up with the growth of the fungus.

A milk bath with flour to whiten the water should not hurt the natural balance in the vaginal region.  Neither of these things are capable of killing good bacteria and neither of these things would increase the growth of the fungus that causes a yeast infection.

• 4 weeks ago

I assume you are referring to self-raising flour

• 4 weeks ago

flower.......................

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why on earth would you do that?  It's not going to be good for your skin or anything.

Anyway: yeast infections can be caused by anything if you're unlucky enough, and if you're prone to them I imagine it could although again I doubt  anybody's done the experiment.

Pregnant women in general *can* take baths as long as they are careful not to take *hot* baths.  No more than 104F for 10-15 minutes.  You don't want your core temperature to rise.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

my question is why?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

GO ASK UR DOCTOR NO ONE HERE CAN GIVE U A VALID ANSWER

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.