Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

4WD light keeps coming on?

My 4WD light keeps coming on!

I haven't used it since winter. Here is the thing if I don't use my car, it will stay off for a while unless I am actually driving around, and then it will go on, and off. Flicker, and then just stay on

My cars off for a while it will stay off unless I am driving maybe 20-30 miles. If goes off, and I am using my vehicle a lot of will go on in about 2-3 miles

It's an older suv 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

I have to shift it into 4wd.

Then it seconds as Running Lights.  You will notice almost all cars have Running Lights unless they are really old cars. Those are mostly off during the day time.   It is easier to see a car that has its lights on even in the daylight.  Motorcycles have running lights so people see the BIKE.  It is a safety thing.

I read the rest.  You have a lose connection somewhere. Take it to the Suzy Mechanic to get it fixed the fastest.  It may be inside the shift mechanism.

You will need to see a mechanic with access to the wiring diagram of your car.  It might be a transfer case switch or a front axle switch that is shorting but I am just guessing.