Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 4 weeks ago

Do I need to get the police involved with this?

I bought something on eBay it's been 2 months haven't got the item yet and the eBay person I bought it from doesn't respond to me when I ask for a refund

• TedEx

The police will investigate the matter when they get caught up with  investigating theft, domestic violence, civil demonstrations, narcotics issues .assault, car theft, 

arson, robbery. etc.

• Erik

It's not a good idea to wait two months.  Contact ebay until you get an answer, and also try contacting the seller directly.

• Isabel

I'd recommend going through the established mechanisms with eBay, themselves. Don't bother the police.

Don't bother the police- they can't do a doggone thing about eBay. Try notifying eBay instead. 

Yeah, call 911.

• keerok

You can file a report but don't expect any action. The closest help you can get is from eBay itself. Not the seller. File a complaint, if it's not yet too late.

• Scott

No, because it isn't a criminal matter. You need to involve eBay or Paypal.

Ebay pay/pal has their own policy to refund you up to a $1000. Hope you saved the page the item was on because they will lie to you and say the item wasn't covered.They will remove the posted guarantee refund on the right hand side of the page if you file a complaint.Happened to me years ago and i was only partially refunded.They also told me they would send creditors after the said ripoff party but never did.Good luck getting all your money back.

The police won't get involved in this. It is considered a civil matter. You should be contacting eBay instead.

• Use the eBay Resolution Center.  That's what it's for.