PS3 discs wont show up on home screen?

I insert my discs into my FAT PS3 system but they dont show up on the game section. I have tried restoring the PS System and restoring the files through safe mode but nothing has worked yet.

Any solutions or does anyone have the same problem?What should i do??

• cmac'm

I had an old FAT PS3 and the disk drive went bad, similar thing happened to my PS2. I think it has something to do with disc reader or laser. You could try buying a DVD lens cleaner but odds are you have a bad and broken disc drive. could also try taking it apart and use compressed air to blow out the dust( probably won't work though).

Try searching youtube for troubleshooting help.

When mine started to go bad some games would show up and work while other games wouldn't. I would load a game that would read and show up, start that game, then exit, and put in a different disc that wouldn't work-- sometimes it would then read the disc.

Not really worth fixing, you can get another used PS3 for $80-100

My guess is the disc drive itself has gone bad.  It would need to be sent in to repair so that part can be replaced.