Shutterlock rejects all my photos, how do I make my camera take 4MP photos?

I use a canon m50

Settings:

Still aspect ratio: 3:2

Image quality: RAW JPEG

Shutterlock says my photos are less than 4MP

"Shutterlock says my photos are less than 4MP"

Are they right?  Images for Shutterstock must be more than 4 MP and less than 150MP.

• keerok

That's too small by today's standards, 4MP (picture size). You have a 24MP camera so that shouldn't be a problem. I agree, it should be 4MB (file size). 

You can't submit the RAW file. That's too big (in file size). You most probably sent the JPEG. Then, if the site deemed it too small, you might have set quality to low which means compression rate is high leading to small file sizes. For the best possible quality of pictures, always set your camera to highest MP at highest quality (lowest compression).

The M50 has a 24 megapixel sensor, so your photos should be 24mp, which is a lot more than 4mp in resolution. Makes no sense. You can use image processing software to shrink the resolution of your photos to 4mp. by resizing your photos to 2560 x 1440 pixels or smaller.

I believe you mean 4 MB, (megabytes), NOT MP, (megapixels). At any rate, your M50 is certainly capable of shooting at a high enough quality and file size. You say you are shooting RAW Jpeg. Are you sending the Jpeg to Shutterstock? (You are saying "Shutterlock" of which I am pretty sure no such place exists. It is SHUTTERSTOCK). If you are only sending that extra Jpeg, then it may very well be too small. You need to look in your camera menus AND OWNER'S MANUAL and see how to set the Jpeg quality and size to it's maximum.

If you are processing the RAW file and converting to a Jpeg to send to Shutterstock, then you need to review how you are processing the finished RAW file. Are you doing a large compression and size reduction into Jpeg?

The bottom line is somewhere along the line either the camera is set at too high a Jpeg compression and too small a resolution, OR, YOU are doing the degradation of the file in your processing of the file.