Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Have you ever been in a tornado? Are they scary ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

there was one that blow me right off the toilet

• D1218
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

No, but it one came to my county. I have a lot of other cities near where I live and luckily it hit another one and not mine.

• 4 weeks ago

I live in a State that has a tornado season like the coastal states have hurricane season.  Yes, they are scary because they are destructive and life threatening.  Property loss is bad but life loss can be devastating including injuries.  Usually, every place has its own natural disasters.  Just think of the people right now contending with fires, floods, volcanoes, avalanches...

Scary?   Any event that could cause you to loose your life is..scary, however you just live in a state of constant preparedness and hope for the best.

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, but my hometown was nearly hit twice by tornadoes when I was a kid. The devastation to nearby towns was jaw dropping. I can remember seeing people’s clothes hanging from tree branches stripped bare. Gave me nightmares.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes and yes.............

• 1 month ago

Across it yes,and it was nice a thing.

• Gert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.  I saw a tornado twice.  Once when I was a child and we were on vacation in the south and another time while traveling in Indiana.  Both times the tornado was a mile or so away and I wasn't harmed, thank God.

• 1 month ago

Unless you are In a storm shelter they are a very scary thing. Even one that is just close by can be terrifying because you don't know if you are going to be hit or not. 

• Mog
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Luckily, no. But my friend’s house was destroyed by one 7 miles away. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.