Ganu asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

Movie about unexploded nuclear bomb?

So I'm trying to remember a war movie set in the middle east but I can't seem to find it on the net. 

So what I remember is that the first scene has a U.S fighter jet pilot running a sortie through a rural middle eastern region. He looks at a photo of his family he's stashed on the instrument panel, then proceeds to fire a nuclear missile. The nuclear missile drops but does not explode. 

The missile is then found by a bedouin goat herder and I think he takes it with him.

The next thing I remember is an american NGO or military lady talking to the sheepherder who has radiation poisoning from being exposed to the unexploded nuclear bomb. 

That is all I remember. Please help me find this movie it's driving me crazy! 

The Sum of All Fears, with  Morgan Freeman and Ben Affleck- 

Here ya go. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovzwu_1wb10

Youtube thumbnail

The Sum of All Fears. It's an Israeli pilot flying a Douglas A-4H/N Skyhawk during the Yom Kippur War of 1973. He looks at his photo and as he looks back up, a missile is homing in on his aircraft. The pilot tries to evade, the missile hits, the Skyhawk crashes and the nuclear bomb is buried in the sand to be found 29 years later by a scrap metal dealer clearing the site of the plane crash.