Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Am I the only guy who hates stay at home women?

Women who stay at home don't do anything besides eating away the money of their husbands. I want women who works and earn money because they don't rely on men for money. In my perspective, women who don't earn aren't worthy of respect.

If both men and women earn, more money will add up to the family.

I think perhaps you underestimate the amount of unpaid labour involved in housework, parenting and the like.  One of the problems which has emerged from both members of a couple going out to work is that it's artificially inflated the cost of accommodation and taken it out of the reach of poor people, whether or not they both get paid.

Some people don't judge others based on financial wealth potential.

Some people see more to life than paying the bills.

ALL men hate stay-at-home housewives

Who'll take care of the kids? Who's going to ensure the house or apt doesn't get dirty? 

As the son of a mom who stayed home to do these things despite being legally blind & 

having little education past hs, I find your claims bogus. Little wonder you hide anon. 

You are not the only one, and it’s why I’ve never married despite many opportunities.   Why should I support a woman who wants to essentially retire at an early age?   It’s not like many women want to find a man who will stay home while they support him.  

That said, I don’t hate stay at home women.  If some guy wants to financially support a woman, that’s up to them, but it’s not my desire.   

What society doesn’t want men to realize is women need men more than men need women.   I can vacuum, do dishes, laundry and all the things stay at home wives offer, it’s really not that difficult or time consuming.    

So who cleans the house/does the washing/ironing/prepares meals? Going by your question, your attitude shines that you sure wouldn't!! So you basically want a wife/mother. Someone who goes to work, gives you sex, but is happy to follow you around the house and clean up after you. That person doesn't exist!  Please do the world a favour and NEVER get married!

• Jesere

Who does the housework? 

What about those that cannot work due to ill health? 

• Bill

Lol. My girlfriend of four years stays at home and is always busy with something. During the shutdown she decided she wanted me to teach her how to paint, so needless to say I have been teaching her how to paint for the past few weeks. I gotta say I'm not impressed with my teaching ability even if she is improving quickly. 

Nope. I am the same way and know dudes who hate stay at homes too. I am not going to work to the bone just to pay for someone to sit home all day