Thoughts on the death metal band Morbid Angel?

Their first album was awesome. They took Slayer's sound and ran with it. I like how they were never exclusively 'Satanic' so much as they were about black magic, the occult and horror themes. That's why they sounded fresh long after Deicide wore out its welcome. 

I thought 'Kingdoms Disdained' was crap though. 

• Quato

They are the Judas Priest of Death Metal, in that they're also one of the progenitors of music I like but who I don't listen to.

• Chad

I been listening to them for 10 years. Been asked about my "thoughts" on them many times. 

Frankly Im getting bored of that question.

Do you have something that is actually engaging but at the same time will have factual information which wasnt pulled out of your assz?

Among the giants of death metaI (where they are) I prefer other bands, although "Altars of madness" and "Blessed are the sick" are great albums. And I have to recover some other album of them. On the other hand, "Kingdoms disdained", was a little disappointing, I didn't like the sound in particular, and how do you get such a bad cover? after having those of Seagrave? bah .. at this point, there are more than one new band that sounds better than them. Who likes old school death metal (and Seagrave) I advice "Living Tomb" by Ossuarium. Cheers

Not a fan.