Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

What does it mean to give freedom while living together?

My BF and I will be moving in together to see if we are compatible for marriage. He says he has no issues with me but he wants to see if he can have his freedom while living together before we discuss marriage. He defines freedom as being able to go out with friends, not break friendships, etc. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

He's already explained to you what "freedom" means to him. But in general it's when couples have separate hobbies, different friend circles (with some mutual friends in the mix too), have the square footage to not be on top of each other all the time and basically could survive without each other if necessary. It means not freaking out if he wants to eat dinner two hours before you're hungry. It means not pouting if he goes to a movie you don't want to see. It means not nagging if he wants to stay up late playing video games, go to the gym without you tagging along and have his personality agency in things like not sharing the passwords to his social media. Just don't be dependent and clingy and you'll probably be fine. 

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Marraige is about sharing your lives together. You don't give up your life prior to marriage after you get married,  you keep friends and you both have your seperate activities and now you have activities which are just the two of you. The We is additional to The You and Me. 

• i + i
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It means exactly the same thing as while not living together. 

You do not sound mature enough to be considering marriage.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ask him, not randos on the internet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He told you what it means to him, so why are you asking us?

• 1 month ago

he is using you..........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.