Improvised ways to cut leather?

Okay so this is coming out left field, but I have been spending an hour trying to find my answer, and this is my last resort.

I am writing a story and the main character is in leather cuffs she needs to cut her way out of. She has no knives or sharp objects nearby, only a dismantled teir display. Is it possibly to improvise and cut leather with the fine-threaded bolt of the display or not?

• Goerge

And you're in a cell/dungeon with freedom just being a distant memory and you only have 4 cinder block walls to keep you company. Pretty grim. 

I'd use the cinder block walls on the tines from the tier display. It's been in hear for at least 30 years and when I yank on one, the welds failed and I saw a glimmer of hope. The cinder block wall is rough and rubbing the tine back and forth against it's surface slowly but surely sharpens it. I now have my knife. I then pull off another one and do the same but I bend the end of it. The third one doesn't give as easily but when it does I sharpen it and bend the tip of it. I cut my bonds and use the other two tines as a wiper insert and a pick to pick open my cell. 

Many wire racks I've seen lack bolts and if they do have them they are usually so tiny it's impossible to gain a purchase. I think the wire would be a better idea. 

What she should do is grab the dismantled teir display and reconnect the pieces to make a complete tier display. She should then tie one end of a long rope to the completed tier display and the other end to a dog, or any other quadruped that just happens to be nearby, like a cat, or a deer. Even a mole would do, in an emergency..... which this is, of course. She should then leave the complete tier display and quadruped rope scenario to sort out itself - it's not her problem anymore - and jump out of the nearest window, falling to the rocks, below, and dying, horribly. Her last words ("That'll show 'em") should finish the story (and, hopefully, your "writing" career). Hope this helped.