Can a liquor store legally sell alcohol to a drunk person?

• 1 week ago

Yes they’ve sold to me before when I was far from sober 

• Walt

No if they know a person is to drunk they cant serve them its like a bar if they serve them and they go out a kill some one like drunk drive the bar can be sued 

No. It is illegal to sell alcohol to someone who is already drunk.

In my state they can't and if they do they can be fined and even lose their liquor license. Same goes for bars and restaurants that sell booze.

• kswck2

Legally? No. But I know a Lot of stores that would anyway. 

• blank

Depends  on location

But in MA,US

No they can not.

I don't know every law in the world, but having worked in a liquor store, my answer / opinion 

is no, due to liability - What if the customer were to drive afterwards & get into an accident ?

• martin

They should check if he's driving.  But they can sell it.

• ?

It varies from region to region, but, in general, the sale of alcohol is prohibited when the person is intoxicated. Of course, it isnt mandatory anywhere that someone buying alcohol be given a breath or blood test, so it really come down to the retailer's discretion

The laws regulating alcohol sales vary by state, so what's legal where you are may not be legal where I am. For you to get a correct answer to your question, you have to include where you're asking about.