I might take karate, tai kwon do, and boxing to improve my stamina so I can play the drums better. Should drummers use this strategy?

If you are a novice at each and if you're main focus is stamina, I'd suggest beginning with Western Boxing alone.

Asian martial arts do require you to be in shape, but they also tend to focus heavily on form early in the process. That works the "anaerobic" side, but may not do much for your aerobic lasting power.

Western Boxing provides both excellent aerobic and anaerobic workouts while also encouraging hand-eye coordination and the "fast-twitch" muscles.  Done properly, it also promotes good core strength, which I assume would be beneficial to a drummer.

I know several athletes in other sports who swear by boxing workouts to improve their timing, stamina and core strength.

• Bon

You got it backwards.  You work on stamina/endurance to do better at martial arts. There is not specifically within martial art that improves your stamina.  You have to work on it by supplementing your training with cardio and aerobic exercises.