What's the most expensive food or drink you've ever bought?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Fresh white truffle from Alba - over $100.

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

A bottle of Pappy's.

• 1 month ago

Kopi Luwak coffee for a drink.

• 1 month ago

I don't remember paying for it.

Probably was a barter deal or something like that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I would probably have to say grilled salmon steaks

Source(s): Me
  • My first holiday with the in laws, I was showing off my skill and made a prime rib roast. It came out a deep rosy pink and served its purpose, but holy crap. The roast easily cost me a a buck fifty. I haven’t made a costly rib or loin roast ever since for them, and every year they joke I should make it again.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Smoked salmon for my son so he could have 'Eggs Royale'.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Never really considered it. I have spent a large amount of money on Wagyu beef or something else that i wanted to try Once. But I wouldn't do it again. And I have made a stir fry with high end beef. But for ONE particular purchase, I cannot tell you. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you mean an ingredient or do you mean a meal or prepared beverage?

Do you mean per pound or do you mean total cost?

As far as ingredients go, I'd say saffron or vanilla beans.    Vanilla beans are about $300/pound and saffron is anywhere from $500 to $5000 per pound.

Some of the fresh, wild seafood I buy is pretty pricey.   Dungeness crab meat is about $40/pound and an Alaskan king salmon fillet can be about the same.    You're going to consume a lot more salmon than saffron in a meal.

• Guber
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The Power Burrito Combo at The Bell.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.