Dealership cover up?

A few days ago I decided to polish my car to take some small scratches it had around the hood and I just decided to go ahead and do the whole car so I can seal it up with a ceramic. As I was moving over to the fender it started to haze up from just a small corner. I couldn’t figure out what it could be so I ended up taking it to a local body shop. Turns out that the car had work done to it and dealer did a amateur job on it. It wasn’t just the fender but also the door that was worked on. Maybe it was damaged when it arrived on the lot? Since it’s been a year since I bought it new would it even be worth it trying to bring it to the dealer?

• Scott

Assuming this was a car you bought new - new cars get damaged on the lot or in shipment all the time. You would have to be able to prove the car was damaged and that it was repaired incorrectly. Normally, there's no warranty on the paint, but if you can prove the dealer caused this, then you might have a chance.

The law regarding used cars is BUYER BEWARE. There is nothing you can do and the dealer was not legally required to tell you about it, if they even knew in the first place.