Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

My front left tire losing pressure quickly, should I inflate it to 45 psi?

My front left tire looks flat the pressure reads 20 psi while other 3 tires are in recommended pressure. I just put air on all 4 tires last month. 

Update:

All 4 tires where new 4 months ago btw. 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Get it sorted before you kill someone.

• 4 weeks ago

Take your car into a mechanic or tire place and have them look at the tire seal, the bead, and the integrity of the rim. Have them check the TPS sensor. NEVER overinflate a tire, or try to. You don't want to know what happens to a person who is near when a tire explodes. 

• 4 weeks ago

You need to find the leak and see if it can be fixed, or it needs to be replaced.

• 4 weeks ago

Don't inflate the tire more then 35 PSI.The tire that's leaking needs to be taken off the rim and resealed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Slap 40PSI in it and go to a tire store(like the one you have been at before) Tell them your story.  They will take off the wheel clean the rim with a wire brush and then grease the rim with tire grease and slap that puppy back together and check for a bead leak. Or a nail puncture. They will fix that too, but it sounds more like a bead leak meaning it was not put on properly. May be free.(because they are the ones that put on the tires on the rims)  If it is a puncture, maybe a 10 spot will cover the cost of repair.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A smart person would get the leak fixed. It's apparent that you aren't

• 4 weeks ago

That is silly and dangerous. Go to a tire shop and have the tire checked for a leak and then patched.

• 4 weeks ago

Get the tire repaired at a tire shop.  Over-inflating runs the risk of a total blow out.

• 4 weeks ago

No, you should get it repaired.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Anyone with a brain would get the tire repaired.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.