molly asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

When can i fly after ingrown toenail surgery?

i forgot to ask and cant find information online, i had only 1 side partial removal and wondering when i can fly. Didn’t know if there’s a risk of bleeding if i fly within a certain time

• Rogue

If you don't have a problem with your clotting factor, or are diabetic, you should be just fine. I had a toenail on my R great toe removed and flew to Mexico three days later. I just kept it covered.

Why not ask your doctor?

I cannot imagine why you would ask total strangers and amateurs for medical information, when all you have to do is contact your doctor. 

How long a flight? I can't imagine a flight of an hour or so could  cause problems.

But why not give your doctor's office a quick call?

• drip

Most surgeries, even minor ones, they send you home with information. The nurse or doctor always goes over restrictions and medication before you leave. 

You can always call the doctor’s office with questions. I can’t imagine you could not fly. 

Just make sure you get a middle or window seat - last thing you want is to have the beverage cart run over your toe

It was only minor surgury so you will be perfectly safe to fly.

• MS

Call your doctor to find out for sure.  I can't imagine that procedure would involve any travel restrictions. 

• Nicey8

hi. can you contact your surgeon or the nurses and ask for advice?

3-7 Weeks depending on the toe.